Feeler: 12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz, 60GB HD, 1GB RAM, Great Condition

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by ITASOR, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. macrumors 601

    ITASOR

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2005
    Location:
    Oneida, NY
    #1
    Last iBook generation ever made....how much can I get for this?

    12" 1.33Ghz iBook G4
    60GB HD (BTO)
    1GB RAM (512+512)
    Tiger 10.4.7
    iLife '05
    Original DVD Media (Tiger+iLife)
    Original Box with outer protector box, manual, vga adapter
    MiniVGA to S-Video/RCA adapter + RCA cable & 1/8" Audio to RCA audio (everything to hook it up to your TV)
    iSkin (for keyboard)
    Incase sleeve/case (includes shoulder strap)(cost $50 new)
    Apple iSight (box, all attachments, etc.)

    Great condition. Very, very clean. Bottom has a few scratches from some "particles" on surfaces, like tables, I guess and there's also some of those really light scratches on the bottom as well....who looks at the bottom anyway? :)

    Selling because I want to upgrade to a MacBook probably. Not looking for a trade, as I like my main machines to be purchased new for some reason. :p
     
  2. macrumors 6502

    kildraik

    Joined:
    May 7, 2006
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #2
    You could probobly get around $500 for it. I want that same model and everything, I just don't have the cash.:(

    Good luck!
     
  3. macrumors member

    z00y0rk

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Location:
    Long Island , New York. USA
    #3
    I would say a little more then $500 and somewhere close to $750. I think that the upgrades would get you the extra money.
     
  4. macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
    #4
    around here? i doubt that. when you get to the 750 range, you're starting to tread on the powerbook's market. a last revision 17-in powerbook just went for 1100 shipped here (granted, that was low), and the 15-inchers go anywhere from around 800-1200.

    my best advice is to take the machine over to eBay (yeah, i know..grumblegrumblegrumble) - i took a peep at completed listings, though, and most are going around the 750 mark, like z00y0rk said.

    good luck with your sale!
     
  5. thread starter macrumors 601

    ITASOR

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2005
    Location:
    Oneida, NY
    #5
    The lowest I have seen one go for was $550 shipped, and that didn't have the upgraded HD, RAM, or accessories that I have either. I know it's not worth a lot, but I think it's worth more than that. :p

    EDIT: Added iSight to list of items...but I might rather sell that separately.
     
  6. macrumors P6

    dukebound85

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Location:
    5045 feet above sea level
    #6
    A bit ambitious. I would say 500 is about right for that set up. I mean its 2 processor generations behind and wasnt updated for like a year until the macbook.
     
  7. thread starter macrumors 601

    ITASOR

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2005
    Location:
    Oneida, NY
    #7
    Wow, the Mac market is screwed up right now...I just had a few offers for my 14" 900Mhz G4 iBook of $400....some of the 1.42Ghz Mac Mini's are going for $400-$450....and this is going for $500...:eek:
     
  8. macrumors 6502a

    Sutekidane

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2005
    #8
    Don't sell it honey, I'll kill you!

    At least it's better than that averatec you used to have.
     
  9. thread starter macrumors 601

    ITASOR

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2005
    Location:
    Oneida, NY
    #9
    Oh yeah...better than the averatec. Funny to think that that crappy PC laptop is probably somewhere close in value though....this makes absolutely no sense. :D
     
  10. macrumors 6502

    kildraik

    Joined:
    May 7, 2006
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #10
    If I had the cash, I would buy it in a heartbeat-;)
     
  11. macrumors 6502a

    Sutekidane

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2005
    #11
    Well, if you end up wanting to give it away, I'm first in line. :-D
     
  12. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2004
    #12
    Dukebound,

    you're not just saying that $500 is about right so that you can get it for that price are you?

    As for the seller, don't sell it here, get it on ebay and you will see that you will definitely get more than if you sell it here. Sorry but that's the honest truth.
     
  13. thread starter macrumors 601

    ITASOR

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2005
    Location:
    Oneida, NY
    #13
    I know. ;) Just wanted to see what my other selling options are. I'll obviously try to sell it local first....if I even sell it at all. I have a lot invested into it with all my other accessories and stuff.
     
  14. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2004
    #14
    Hi,

    And I think it is a good idea to sell the isight separately. You can get $75-$80 for that on its own.
     
  15. macrumors P6

    dukebound85

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Location:
    5045 feet above sea level
    #15
    Haha no. I just got a new macbook like a week ago
     
  16. macrumors G3

    QCassidy352

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #16
    I had an ibook G4 12" 1.33/40/1.5 that I sold after I got my macbook. So smaller HD but more RAM. I had it listed on here for a while and got a lot of low ball offers. But eventually I got $770 shipped. So don't take $500; that's a joke.

    In fact, don't sell it at all. My macbook whines, moos, had discoloration (now repaired), and randomly shuts off sometimes. Hey, at least it doesn't overheat. :rolleyes: My point is, the macbooks are buggy as hell. probably the buggiest of any apple product in my memory. Whereas your ibook is rock solid and still perfectly good. If I could do it over, I would have kept my ibook and never bought a macbook.
    /bitter
     
  17. macrumors 6502a

    ricgnzlzcr

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2005
    #17
    I'd like to buy the isight
     
  18. macrumors 6502a

    spriter

    Joined:
    May 13, 2004
    #18
    Don't know if this a relevant reference being a UK sale but I got £420 / $775USD for my iBook.

    Spec was:
    12", 1.2GHz, 768MB RAM, 80GB 5400rpm drive (self-installed), extra battery (one had 450 cycles, the other just 70) AE, BT, VGA adapter, Tiger, all the usual extras, plus an LA Robe case. In very good condition.

    I don't regret getting a MacBook as it's a huge step up in performance. I do miss the 5 hours from each small battery though. :)
     
  19. thread starter macrumors 601

    ITASOR

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2005
    Location:
    Oneida, NY
    #19
    Yeah, that's the only reason I haven't sold it yet. I could have sold it for $720 shipped a few times....but I really need to have a Mac around to use for work/school. If I get a MacBook, there's a high risk that I'll be without it for repair time and such, and I can't really do that, especially when school starts.
     
  20. macrumors G3

    QCassidy352

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #20
    that's exactly what I'm going through right now. I'm seriously thinking about going back to PPC for a while and returning to intel once the laptops are more reliable.
     
  21. macrumors 68020

    Chrispy

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2004
    Location:
    Avon, IN
    #21
    Yeah, I'm playing the waiting game as well. We need to get another generation into these Intel machines to work some of the bugs out. Too risky right now. I guess we will see what comes at WWDC. The Intel processors are also killing resale values overall. Macconnection (or one of those places) is selling the 1.83 MBP for $1499 after rebate. I cannot recall another time in Apple's history where prices dropped so quickly :eek:
     
  22. macrumors 68000

    baby duck monge

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2003
    Location:
    Memphis, TN
    #22
    Have you given any more thought to selling the iBook, or have you given up on that plan for the time being?
     
  23. thread starter macrumors 601

    ITASOR

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2005
    Location:
    Oneida, NY
    #23
    I've been thinking more about it, but to tell you the truth, it's not really worth selling to me for these $500 offers I've gotten. If I got a decent offer I would definitely still be open to consideration, but I'm probably going to hold onto it until Rev. B.
     
  24. macrumors 68000

    shadowmoses

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2005
    #24
    Defiantly try eBay list it well and you will 100% get more than $500 you will be looking at closer to $800 especially if you take some nice pics and have decent feedback.....The rev.B MacBook's are probably a bit off anyway and the MacBooks are in another league to the iBook G4's you won't regret the swap,

    ShadoW
     

Share This Page