Feeler: a few old Macs including two iMac G5s

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by macdot, May 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2005
    This is a feeler just as much as it is a question. I have the below Macs that I'm looking to sell pretty soon and was wondering what prices to expect, and perhaps more importantly where to try to sell them (besides this forum).

I've never sold a full system before, so what do most people do for shipping? Is USPS or UPS/Fedex/DHL the best option?

Thanks for any advice.

I'm also interested in trading towards a C2D Mini or BlackBook if that will get me any more value out of the systems.

Again, just a feeler, but these will all be up for sale soon so I just want to know what my options are for selling them. Thanks!

20" Widescreen iMac G5 (ALS) 2GHz
    250GB HD, Bluetooth, Airport Extreme
    Would prefer to keep the mouse, will include keyboard (white Apple pro model)
    DVD+/-RW with DL support
    2GB RAM
    AppleCare through 1 Nov 08

17" Launch iMac G5 1.8GHz
    250GB HD (Apple upgrade), Bluetooth (Apple upgrade), Airport
    Keyboard, mouse (white Apple pro, one button mouse)
    DVD+/-R, I don't believe it has DL support
    256 + 512 MB RAM

Graphite iMac G3
    I believe it is this one, but will check ASAP: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/stats/imac_dv_se_500.html
    Extra 512MB RAM in addition to 128MB
    DVD-ROM drive

Will get a model number on this ASAP too, but:
    PowerMac (pre-G3) that dual boots into OS Classic (System 8?) and Windows 95.
    One of the "(PC)" models on this page: http://everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac/index.html
  2. macrumors 6502a

As for shipping, I would highly advise you to not use the USPS. UPS or my personal choice, FedEx Ground, are both very good at getting things to their destination safely and in one piece, and providing step-by-step tracking and delivery confirmation as well.

Just my $0.02,

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2005
    Wow-- just for fun I compared a 50lbs box with USPS and FedEx and FedEx is about $50 cheaper to ship. Good call on that one.
  4. macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2007
    Cupertino, CA
    interested in the 17" imac

$400 shipped to 95129?
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2005
    Nothing is available quite yet, but PM me when I change this to a FS thread.