Feeler: Bondi Blue iMac G3 233 MHz/512 MB RAM/40 GB HD

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by applekid, Sep 13, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

I have a Bondi Blue iMac G3 233 MHz, 512 MB of RAM, 40 GB HD, and it runs Panther. I'll include a retail copy of Panther with the machine and original orange booklet of CDs. Suffers from Green Light of Death.

Now, I'm looking into getting a Mac Mini to replace this aging iMac. I'm figuring out if I should just sell my iMac or keep it. So, what kind of price would people be willing to pay for it?

If anybody has ideas about what to do with a Bondi Blue iMac that runs OS X only (GLOD prevents me from installing OS 9), please post them. A file server is out of the question (it freezes up with the MacWireless USB adapter I have and I hear WiFi adapters and bridges freeze with these machines when there's a lot of network traffic). An iTunes jukebox could probably work, but I don't have that much music. And Macquariums are out of the question, too.

I guess trying to make into an OS 9 machine when the GLOD is less severe might be a good idea.

2. macrumors 6502a

Sell it and buy a newer, 600MHz G3.

3. macrumors regular

I would keep it. Those don't go for very much anymore. I don't know what you could do with it though. :confused:

4. macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Where are you located? If your in europe I can give you 150 euros shipped

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

Out here in the US (Maryland to be exact).

6. macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Can you please check shipping with USPS(cheapest for sure) to madrid 28010 and tell me how much you want for it shipped, in US dollars.

7. macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

If I remember right from my Ebay auction... shipping was $120 for Air Parcel Post. My iMac sold for $65 (similar specs to this one) but the guy from Barcelona decided he didn't want it after he realized shipping wasn't the $35 domestic rate...

Surface could be about $50, I am guessing.

8. thread starter macrumors 68020

Assuming I send it Surface Parcel Post (and assuming the iMac is about 40 lbs.), we're talking over $50 shipping. Not completely sure if I want to sell it still, but there's the shipping costs.

Good guess, im_to_hyper :)

Not too impressed with the $65 you almost sold it for though. :eek: (Not that I was expecting much)

9. macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    If U ship cross continent, the original packing will be helpful.

10. macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Well, I was surprised it even went that high! It had only 256 MB RAM and a 10GB HD.... it ended up selling for $45 with a re-list. I am thinking that MAYBE you could get $80 for it... but since shipping is so expensive, someone may just want to do something like $110, shipped.

11. Guest

iGary

Keep it. It's a classic.

I have mine by the couch just for web surfing.

12. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Uhh...

Does it even work? x_x

If it doesnt I may be interested in the RAM and the hard disk. ;)

EDIT : So it'll only do OSX huh? x_x