FEELER: BTO 20'' iMac Intel 2 GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB, 256 MB VRAM

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by DevilsRejection, Jul 11, 2006.

1. DevilsRejection
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I badly need rent money since I decided to finally get out of my parents out

This thing is two months old, how much do you thinkn I can get for it?

2. zelmo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

zelmo

Dang, that's one nicely equipped iMac. A true shame if you have to part with it.
    I'd think you should be able to get somewhere around $1,700 to $1,800, assuming you've got name-brand RAM in there.

3. DevilsRejection
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

It's the RAM that Apple installed, the whole system was BTO.

And are you sure only 1800? I mean it was like 2600 shipped with an education discount.

4. DMPDX
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

w/o applecare it would be $2,207. What other options were added to the model? Preinstalled software? modem?

5. aquanutz
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Well that exact configuration on apple's site right now is not even $2600, it's $2543 (with applecare) before a student discount. I agree with you though, it's worth more than $1800. It's a shame, however, that you paid apple all that money to put the ram and hard drive in when you could have saved a bundle and put them in yourself. Then again, a lot of people aren't comfortable with doing that. However, a lot of people on here are comfortable with doing that so you may not draw a higher price becaues of that.

Anyhow, I WISH I had the money to take that machine off your hands, that thing has got to be smoking fast. Good luck with your sale man.

6. zelmo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

zelmo

Without EDU or Applecare, I came up with $2374. I looked at the Apple refurbs, and they are going for about $450 to $500 less than retail. I also figure no one will pay you quite what they would pay Apple for a used Mac, but I might well be completely talking out of my ass here.:D

Attached Files:

7. iCeQuBe
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Would you consider selling the RAM seperatly or a trade my 1 gig plus cash for your 2 gig's?

8. DevilsRejection
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular