Feeler/FS: macbook 2 Ghz white OR PB 17" hi-res

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by QCassidy352, Jul 27, 2006.

1. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

UPDATE:

The powerbook has sold, and the macbook will be staying with me. Many thanks to all who expressed interested! :)

2. macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

That is why you call it a Feeler instead of a FS. Or a Feeler/FS

3. thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

thanks, very helpful. :rolleyes: Seriously, if that's all you have to say, why would you bother posting?

It's not a "feeler" because that implies that I might not sell. But I definitely am selling one or the other. In fact, I'd sell both, given good offers.

However, if the mods agree with you, I have no objection to the title being changed to "feeler/fs." :rolleyes:

4. macrumors 6502

Well, from what I've seen, 17" PB are pretty hard to sell on here. If you want to sell that and get a good price for it, I'd try selling it on craigslist or ebay. Just the other day, someone sold their 17" PB (with very similar specs) for $1100. I personally think they are worth more than $1100.

So, its up to. When I was selling my PB, i posted it in a bunch of marketplaces and on craigslist and I got a lot of interest.

--Just some thoughts

5. thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

haha, yeah, that's this powerbook. I'm the one who bought it for $1100. :) (as I said, I bought it in anticipation of needing a laptop for weeks while my MB issues were being sorted out, but apple took care of me very well. :))

I agree that this is probably the wrong forum to sell a powerbook, and especially a 17". I almost didn't post in the MR marketplace at all, and in truth, I think I'll end up at CL or ebay. But who knows, maybe I'll get a good offer on the macbook or something. If not, I haven't lost anything but the few minutes it took me to create this thread.

6. macrumors 6502

Very nice! A 17" PB with those specs @ $1100 was a steal! Congrats on that. CL really is an excellent place to sell stuff. I had like 10 offers in a matter of hours for my pb.

7. macrumors regular

macbook

Hi,
    a refurb macbook 2ghz goes for 1099$ shipped at apple.com
    I'd be willing to give you that for yours and the added ram. :)
    Cheers,

8. macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Depending on shipping charges to the UK, and that both items are mint - without a single mark - and my iMac sells within the time frame your looking to 'get rid' - I'll give you $900-$1,000 for either.

They have to be mark/blemish/dent/scratch free - I'm very particular, :) LOL.

PM me, as I'm not watching the thread.

9. thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Apparently not spelling out any price guidelines up front was stupid of me.

I realize I probably can't resell the powerbook for more than I paid for it on the same forum. But honestly, I'm not willing to take a loss on it when I didn't even put it to any use. (Again, I thought I'd need a back-up for several weeks while my MB was being sorted out. That's the kind of horror story I've been reading about MB logic board repairs.) Especially not when I think $1100 is a great price for this powerbook (that's why I bought this PB instead of the other countless G4s out there).

I do appreciate all the interest, and hope I've not been rude to anyone, but I've been offered $1100 for each machine more than once. So let's just say that if you're not offering more than that, there are several people ahead of you. :) And unlike some, I've had great success with ebay, so I'm not adverse to that if I can't get more than $1100 for either here. (I sorta figured posting this on MR was a long shot...)

edit: Ok, to clear up some apparent confusion. I'm saying that I've already been offered $1100, not putting that as the sale price on either.

10. macrumors regular

onthat

depending on the condition of the powerbook and if it is in fact the Revision E model, I'd be willing to offer much more than $1100. I'll have all my funds ready by August 2nd, so keep me informed. Thanks!

11. macrumors 68000

neut