Feeler: G4 Cube 1.2GHz/1GB/120GB/Radeon 7500/BT/

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by mustang_dvs, Jun 9, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

Just wondering what the going rate is for a G4/450 Cube, upgraded with a Sonnet 1.2GHz G4 CPU, 1GB of RAM (2x512), Radeon 7500 (32MB/ADC/VGA) and a 120GB hard disk.

The Cube has been my web & mail server for the last five years, it's in perfect cosmetic and working order, with a Delta fan added at the bottom of the case (in the OEM bracket) and a Bluetooth 1.1 dongle included. The price should account for the inclusion of an original Apple optical mouse and USB Pro Keyboard.

I'm not sure if I'm going to sell -- I'm potentially looking at upgrading to either a C2D mini or Xserver G5 -- and I just want to see what type of return I can get on my trusty Cube.

2. macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be against offering you around $200 to $250 for it, depending on the cosmetic condition of the acrylic. Cubes normally sell on here for around $100 w/o the upgrades.

3. macrumors 68030

I'd be interested in the CPU if you wanted to part that out or downgrade back to a stock G4.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

Ouch. I sold one 18 months ago for ~$750, on eBay. I thought it was worth more.

Hmmm... at around 10% the cost of its replacement, I may just hold onto it.

I think I sold the original G4 module (or popped it into a G3 B&W)... I found the box for the upgrade and it's empty, save the Sonnet documentation.

5. macrumors 6502

Well things don't go for the premium here as they do on eBay. Online the processor upgrade is somewhere in line of $300. After reevaluating... I'd say around $350-400 might be a better idea of the price