Feeler - iBook G4 800 with video issue

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by iCeQuBe, Jan 11, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

I have an iBook G4 800 that has the video chip issue. i tried using a shim which worked for a while then when that stopped working i tried having a friend take a soldering iron to the pins of the video chip to reflow the solder which worked for a while and now that it is having the same problem again I am kinda tired of trying to make it live. I wantted to get an idea of how much it would be worth wither whole or in parts and if there would be any interest. The details of the iBook are...

G4 800Mhz
    640 MB RAM (Has 512MB Chip installed)
    40 Gig Hard Drive
    Combo Optical Drive (DVD/CD-RW)
    Airport Extreme
    Power Adapter (but it is not in the best of shape, it works but my friends puppy shewed on it a bit when he was over.)
    Case is in good condition (not great) and the battery holds a charge for a couple hours (though not sure exactly how long and no way to test now). The LCD is in good shape with no dead pixels that I remember and work fine the last time the iBook booted up.

Thanks for your input in advance.

2. macrumors member

iBook G4.

Hi iCeQuBe,

I could be interested to buy your faulty iBook for parts if you're willing to ship to Canada (Quebec) via USPS. Let me know how much you'd sell it and I'll tell you if I'm interested or not. Does it have an Airport Card and a AC adapter ?

thanks,
    Mario
    ebay and heatware feedbacks under macs_4all

3. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

i don't know if it would fit but i do have a working 500mhz motherboard if you need it, otherwise, what would you want for the 512mb memory?

4. thread starter macrumors regular

yes it has airport extreme and a power adapter but the adapter is kinda shwed (not horribly) by my friends puppy. it still works though. I was going to put electrical tape on the wire. Not sure how much it is worth for parts that is why i posted it as a feeler.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but I don't want to put a G3 Logic Board in a G4 iBook. Not sure how much the RAM would go for. You can always make an offer.

6. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

sorry i didn't realize it was a g4, then that means the memory won't work either. thanks though.