Feeler: Iphone 4gb Unlocked New (refurb)

Discussion in 'iPhone Marketplace Archive' started by jayeskreezy, Mar 25, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    I'm thinking about selling a new unlocked refurb Iphone still in box (taken out to unlock). What would it go for on MR? Is $375 too much? Is craigslist a better option?
  2. macrumors 601

Jun 1, 2007
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Yes, $375 is too much for here. People on this forum will probably be smart enough to know that it doesn't cost $175 extra to unlock a phone when it can be done for free in a few minutes.
  3. macrumors regular

Feb 29, 2008
    $375? WOW. That is way too much. I paid $360 for an 8gb unlocked and as others have previously stated an 8gb refurb goes for $249. Although you cannot get an 8gb for that price easily, they do have them in stock from time to time and even on ebay an 8gb that is not a refurb can be bough for $325-400 as i've seen them go for that price myself. Maybe you'd be better off offering it in a trade+cash or just lower the price by alot. Just look around and you'll see more or less how much you can really get for it..
  4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    Oh ok b/c I def have seen them go for $400, but that's good to know. Ebay might be a better route or CL. Thanks!
  5. macrumors regular

Feb 29, 2008
    craigslist does wonders for me. lol so you're better off with craigslist since there is no fee or charge and you can sell it locally so you get the $ on the spot and you get to dodge shipping and paypal fees. you can try ebay, but then u have to pay ebay fees, paypal and shipping as well so you don't end up making much overall.