fellow canadians, u should be pissed too

Discussion in 'macOS' started by biohazard6969, May 4, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2005
    toronto canada
    why don't most of the dashboard widgets support information on CANADIAN cities!!!!!!!!!!! apple is a part of england, france, europe, canada and many other places, they should all get recognition in tiger....i don't know if any of these other places work.

the yellow pages one doesn't work, and god knows we have that here in the great white north

weather works fine

yahoo maps...but they prbly don't have support for canada yet........
  2. neut macrumors 68000

Nov 27, 2001
    here (for now)
    why not build one that works for canada? apple made these so third-parties can create thier own. the widgets included with Tiger are really just examples of what can be done.

if you're not a software guy, then i would suggest you start petitioning a few canadian software writers to create some. :)

they did include a translator though ... not sure if it covers Canadian. :p

peace | neut
  3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    there's more canadian widgets than uk widgets so we should be more upset!
  4. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    The widgets interface with websites that only serve the US market. Sooner or later someone will make a widget thats more Canadian-content friendly. Can't complain about the Weather widget though. It's my favourite.
  5. mattraehl macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2005
    it's simple

Smaller markets get less attention.
  6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

Oct 19, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    umm I'm in Canada and it seems to me the only widget that doesn't work is the yellowpages one. The weather and flight tracker both do canadian content. Wait a second! Are you one of those Can-Content CRTC Nazis?!?!?! :p
  7. AlephNull macrumors member

Jan 27, 2005
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
    Come on man, Canadians don't get pissed... eh?
  8. iBunny macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
  9. Stella macrumors 604

Apr 21, 2003
    I don't either.

I'm fed up of the way apple creating u.s only content. Apple do sell this product to the entire world.

There is no reason why apple can't put more effort into localization. Like the thesuraus, there is absolutely no excuse for having more languages, other than u.s. English.