Ferrari tests GP2 tyres

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Aug 9, 2006.

1. iGav macrumors G3

... and instantly go 2 seconds a lap quicker. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I'd love to see them big, fat slicks make a comeback. :D

Rinky dink link

2. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

What we need in F1 is less reliance on aerodynamic aids and less grip in the corners.

So thinner tyres and smaller wings. We'll get more overtaking then and more drifting in the corners.

Personally I'd like to see a change to diesel engines, fourwheel drive and reduced tyre size. Clearly I'm only half serious about that though :)

3. Anoi macrumors member

What we need is to go back to relying on the driver to get the car round the track, and not computers! They need to lose all the computer aided systems :) Oh and remove half the wings.

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Possibly but F1 is the pinnacle of automotive technology. If you remove that then you end up with people driving around in fast tractors, like Nascar :).

I think they should be pushing these vehicles in a green direction too, but I've heard noises to that effect so maybe that will happen. Making a car last a whole race on the fuel load might help perhaps.

5. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

I heard they are pushing the green issue tbh http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5253748.stm , including systems such as energy recovery and re-use.

What the racing needs, tho', is a way for the drivers to get close enough to each other for them to be able to overtake. At the moment, there's always a point where the cars lose grip if they get too close due to disturbed airflow.

6. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Then 2008 is what your waiting for, can't wait myself.

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

More overtaking = happy fans. So, if the slicks will help with that (in conjunction with reduced aero) they've got my vote!