Fetch Art only works with 1 song?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G5Unit, Oct 18, 2005.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I am using fetch art and it can only import album art for 1 song at a time. How can I get it so with like 1 click, all the album art gets imported to itunes? Is there a better program?

-Thanks, G5Unit

2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

AlbumArt is a great widget. Does what you need. Does one song, album, or delete. You hit the "music icon" when the picture comes up and it dl/s to itunes. Searches google, a few different amazons etc, for album art and for 90% of my art did fine.

I had a funny experience where I did the album art for "U2 War" first (I think I sorted by album Z to A".

When I got to Fair WARning by Van Halen, the album art for WAR was loaded. I selected all songs from "Fair Warning", did a "Get Info" and checked the Artwork checkbox, hit ok - that removed the wrong art - then AlbumArt picked up the right picture.

Be warned - for Greatest Hits, that sometimes poses an issue - better to do those manually (can do it album by album by selecting all and doing a "get info" and dumping the picture over it).

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Not that the other suggestions aren't great, but fetch art will find art for all selected (highlighted) songs. So just highlight all the ones for which you want it to search and then execute it, and it should find art for as many as it can. It does for me, at least. ;)

5. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

You know that website where you can download art by copying the ITMS url? Is there any script that can do it all automaticaly? Bucause with all the album art I just got some of them are really low res.

6. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Ka-Blam!

7. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Uh. That's what I ws talking about but it will take for ever. Is there a short cut?

8. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

If you just select all the songs in your library, and then run Fetch Art, it should grab art for all of them. Then select all the songs it's loaded, and click "Copy to iTunes". That's what I did, though it took foooooreeeveeer.

9. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Any one know the answer to my last post? Please? :(