Few Questions about a few things

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by davidcb13, Aug 22, 2005.

1. davidcb13 macrumors member

Ok first thing...
    Just got the Dell 2005 fpw for my 12" powerbook. My powerbook is powerful enough to display at full resolution correct.?

Secondley..
    I want to get a set of 2.1 speakers but to hook these up am I going to need an external sound card?

2. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

What are the specs of your 12" PB? I would image there's no problem with the monitor, and just plug the speakers into the headphone jack, no need for an external sound card (at least not with mine).

3. davidcb13 thread starter macrumors member

the 12" powerbook is the newest stock model..

1.5 PPC
    512 mb RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 5200 go 64 mb

btw .. what speakers are you using and do you like them?

4. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Using JBL Creature II (white) love them. I bought them for my G4 iMac, listening to iTunes is soooooo much better than with the stock speakers. Don't use them much with my 12" 1.33 PB but I have a few times and it's just as good.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, the computer is powerful enough to span between the internal display and the Dell at full res, although depending on how many windows you have open and what you run, it is possible that in some circumstances, you will get frame drops and/or stuttering. For productivity, you should have no problem whatsoever. For everything else, it will only be if you do a lot of tasks that use video card memory, have a lot of windows open, etc, etc. Should not be an issue.