Few questions before I order my Ibook.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Dynamyk, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2005
    I've waited for the past month for an update and it came, and I know a lot of people are dissapointed but I'm more than happy with the upgrades. I've decided to buy the Ibook, most likely tomorrow, but I have a few questions first. I'm in Canada, if that changes any of the answers :p

1) I don't have the money to buy the Applecare right this instant, but since I have a 1 year warranty standard, can I buy the extended warranty, say, in 6 months from now?

2) How many USB ports does the Ibook have?

3) How much space does the preloaded software take up, I'm pondering between upgrading the hard-drive or not

4) Finally, are there any downloading programs like Limewire or Ares for Apple PCs?

2. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2005
    Circumventing the multi-verse...
    you can get the apple care up to a year from purchase.. and my mac mini with a 80 gig hd had about 63 gigs free after tiger and ilife was installed. hope that helps. oh yea you can get limewire for your your new ibook from downloads.com
  3. Sam I Am macrumors regular

Jun 5, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    And for the question that EvilDoc didn't answer, iBooks have two USB ports (and one Firewire).