few questions on getting the best deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by seebol, Jul 14, 2004.

1. seebol macrumors newbie

1) Do you think that the Cram and Jam special will cover the new Ipods? I noticed that ThinkSecret only said that the new Ipod was going to be "announced" in August. When will it actually be up for sale? And will I get $200 off? Or maybe, even if the new Ipods have a delay, will the current ones experience an immediate price drop?

2) The nearest Apple Store is 4 or 5 hours away. Should I just order online, or has anyone experienced special deals by going a to a physical apple store? Free RAM, cheap accessories, cheaper applecare?

Thanks

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Order online, unless you are unsure of your purchase. Then you should go to the retail store and use one for a bit to make sure you are getting the right thing. I seriously doubt that you'll get anything special by going to the retail store other than instant gratification.

3. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

i seriously doubt the C&J offer will cover the new ipods. dosnt make much sense to apple, they want everyone to buy up the old ipods first to make room for the new ones.
    i dont think a real apple store has better deals than online, except you have to pay shipping online.

4. budaapple macrumors regular

agreed

Apple would not be offering the cram and jam deal if it was not trying to clear the channel of the old Ipod. But anyway $200 off on a 40gig Ipod is a sweet deal no matter what they bring out. Grab it and run its sweet.

12" PB
    dual 1.25 G-4
    Lime Imac (old school)