ffmpegX help, VIDEO_TS to Dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ted's1134, Dec 6, 2004.

1. ted's1134 macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2004
    I am trying to burn a 4.7gb Dvd with Toast 6T on OS X. I need to compress the Video_TS file which is now 5.56gb. I am trying to do this using ffmpegX. I cannot seem to get the settings right. I have used ffmpegX to convert the same VIDEO_TS file to Divx. I was wondering if anyone knew the correct settings for creating a DVD that will play on commercial dvd players with ffmpegx.
  2. dvdh macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2004
    Maybe if you reassure everyone that you are NOT trying to copy a commercial DVD, then someone might be able to help.

No offense intended if you are trying to do something legit, but lots of people around here tread very carefully when it comes to discussing how to do things that less than legal.
  3. mcadam macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2004
    Assuming everything you do is legal wherever you are - I'd use handbrake. Easy and never goes wrong, in contrast to that ffmpegx-thingy with far to many option...

4. ted's1134 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2004
    i am just trying to put all of my friends party videos on to a dvd to make room on my hd
  5. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
    if you have a video_ts folder, use a program like dvd2onex. it will compress the file to a smaller video_ts folder. you can then use toast to burn it to a dvd, should work great in any dvd player.

6. ted's1134 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2004