Ffxiii

Discussion in 'Games' started by britishempire, Jun 12, 2006.

1. britishempire macrumors member

britishempire

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I always seemed to like the "more-medieval-fantasy-feeling" Final Fantasy Games (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, IX). Especially those with the Job System.

Final fantasy VII was a good one (in great part because of it's mechanics but I missed the more classic final fantasy feel.

I've skipped X completly because it looked too contemporary. I've heard it's a great game though.

I've played VIII but didn't like it at all.

I might pass FF XIII even though the trailer looks great. I wonder what will tie this game to the FF name. A guy named Cid? A chocobo? A masamune/Murasama?

XII looks like it will be my kind of FF. ^_^

I miss the old school FF where you could equip an head, right arm, left arm, body and an accessory item. :eek:

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

srobert, I understand what you mean to some degree about the "medieval fantasy feeling," but people who think that FF was always just medieval and then suddenly jumped into the future are misguided. FF4, for example, had tanks, a giant robot, and a spaceship. FF6 had robot suits (magitech, granted), much more high-tech looking airships, and trains. Some games had more technology, but all of the games (except 8) imo maintained a medievalish feel throughout a large portion of the game. Oh and by the way, if you skipped 10, that was a grave mistake, even with the concern that you voiced. 10 is less contemporary feeling than 7 or 8.

Back on topic, this isn't the first thread about FFXIII, but i think you're right, that's the coolest trailer I've ever seen.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm impressed that they seem to be speeding up production of sequels....

5. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

The human faces in that trailer are so good that I think they may be beyond the uncanny valley-- amazing graphics.

6. Xander macrumors member

Xander

That was amazing... Although having a woman as the main character it will now depend on her personality to how well the game does.
    Final Fantasy 8 is simply my favourite game on any console... Every character has amazing personality and it has the best story...

7. unfaded macrumors 6502

Why does the fact that she's a woman matter? I would think it would matter less, since few men in the gaming world pay attention to female characters'... personality.