FIA announces 2006 Formula One calendar

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Oct 27, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Only 19 races (I recall reading that we might see 20) :(

6 back to back races though. :D

With Bahrain now the first race of the season, it's not such an ungodly start to the F1 season. heheh. :p

Shame that it ends with Brazil though. :( I just can't imagine Brazil holding a last race WDC title decider like Suzuka can. :(

Rinky Dink Link

Thoughts?

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Back to back is cool for me...

I'll bet the team owners really stomped on the 20+ race schedule at the last couple meetings...if it comes down to running a 3rd friday car or doing a couple extra races they'd go for the former I think.

I really can't wait for the season to start already....it's so boring on Sunday now....nothing but NASCAR, which is the same as nothing.

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

OT: Button just managed to get out of his contract scandal and now he's already in trouble again for his comments about women racing drivers? Oh, boy.

He'd really better start winning races soon if he expects people to keep taking him seriously as more than an F1 also-ran, especially if he keeps running his mouth.

I thought the Belgian GP was in trouble for '06 (or was it '07?) but I see it on the calendar...it'd be a shame to lose Spa.