FIA rules out control tyre

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Mar 31, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Until atleast 2008 :( or unless the teams unanimously agree to a move to a sole supplier. (like that will happen) :rolleyes:

They've also stated that the technical rules will remain the same until the end of the 2007 season, although I assume this won't affect the introduction of the V8 from next season.

Now... the conspiracy theorist in me thinks it's more than a little odd that for the last few seasons of Ferrari domination, we've seen nothing but rule changes, but as soon as Ferrari become less/uncompetitive, it's announced that the rules will remain stable for 3 seasons! :eek:

Hmmmmmmm... :p

Rinky dink link

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You know, this is the first year I haven't watched any F1. WTF are they doing :mad: :rolleyes: They're ruining it IMO.

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Is that because of the two VERY A.M. races so far?? :p

Back to lunchtime again from this weekend :D

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Oh well, I'm sure there are some Bridgestone/Michelin reps pulling as many strings as they can to prevent this from happening anyway...

What really scares me is, will there be F1 as we know it after the Concorde runs out?

5. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i really haven't been that into F1 since the great days of Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet et al

going to try and watch all the races this season though, don't really have a favourite to cheer on though, which takes the excitement out even more i think. good to see schumey in need of points though, could be some classic driving on the way!

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Excuse me while I shed a solitary tear :rolleyes:
    Australia (Race): 12:30AM EST
    Maylasia (Race) 3:30AM EDT
    Bahrain and any race in Europe: 7:30AM
    Japan: 1:30AM
    China: 2:30AM
    The only ones I get during the daytime are Canada (on CBS this year :(), US, and Brazil. Chances are, I'll be working :(

And I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theries myself :eek:

7. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

same here, but i actually like the hours, 'cause at least i'm at home with time to watch (esp. the late night ones).

as far as conspiracies, just give it a few races, and when schumi is back on top they'll change the rules again.

back OT, i think it's a mistake not to move to a single tire (for costs and competittion reasons)