Fiery Job Notes?

Discussion in 'Community' started by settledown, May 3, 2005.

1. settledown macrumors regular

Feb 28, 2003
    What is this? It is only visible when that particular printer is chosen.

Attached Files:

2. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Apr 24, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hmm, how do you explain a Fiery. I've only used the phrase as a noun, as in "The black and White Printer, and the Fiery." But essentially its a really nice color printer, well, software that runs a really nice color printer. It calibrates CMYK and whatnot so that your prints turn out great. But again, I've only ever used the term as a noun, like at design school, when you're ready to print out your finals, you print to the fiery, and then go pay for them. Thats a long explanation, and still doesn't tell you exactly what Fiery notes are, but I'm sure you can guess now :)

If someone has a better, more techinical explanation, feel free.
  3. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2005
    I think a Fiery is a type of RIP for printing. Typically they are pretty fast and can do a much more efficient job than a regular printer's RIP. For some reason I think it invlolves having its own hard drive, too. So you can manage some printing options straight from the Fiery, or you can pull up previously printed items and re-print them without having to go back to the computer and using the application to print.

Thats my experience with Fiery. May not be totally technically correct in my descriptions, though.