Fifa 07 on the DS???

Discussion in 'Games' started by reallybigafro, Oct 17, 2006.

1. reallybigafro macrumors member

i haven't seen any reviews for Fifa 2007 on the DS, and i'm wondering if anyone here has had a go at the game yet?? If you have, what do you think? What are the things you like and don't like about it?

I'm also debating if i should pick up madden 07 as well. I know it can't really be compared to the console versions graphics (at all) so if anyone has some opinions/played on madden 07 for the DS let me know what you think.

Thanks.

2. maxi macrumors regular

I have FIFA 07 for the DS and I've got to say it's a very fun game. I haven't played the console or computer FIFAs since FIFA98 so I can't say how it compares... but it has a much more arcade feel than for example winning eleven. It's very fun and not hard at all to begin playing. having the soccer field map on the lower screen is nice too, you know where everyone is at any given time.
    I would certainly recommend it if you want a fun soccer game and are not looking for a very realistic gameplay or astounding graphics.

3. reallybigafro thread starter macrumors member

Quick question Maxi, can you create a player in Fifa 07??

4. maxi macrumors regular

Not that I know of. There's no managing mode either, AND the teams seem to be a bit outdated (from around july-august it seems).

As I said, it's more of an arcade soccer game than a hardcore sim.

5. reallybigafro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your responses man. I just got back from picking it up. I haven't played it yet but hopefully it will prove to give me hours of enterainment.

Thanks again.

6. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

7. reallybigafro thread starter macrumors member

Ha ha hah a, well I have put in like 10 hours, and i'm lovin it!! And for the record some Americans do care about soccer.

8. snakelda macrumors 6502

yeah,not all american care about soccer but some do like me!I stopped getting handheld versions of FIFA since I got FIFA 07 on the PS2 and they basically stripped out most of the stuff on the handheld version...

9. reallybigafro thread starter macrumors member

oh I can only imagine what they cut out of the DS version...i'm kinda regretting asking you but what do you feel are some of the big things they cut out???

10. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I saw a video of the gameplay on the web and I was surprised by how good it looks. The animations are so-so, but everything was fluid, and in 3d! I am always weary of 3rd party endeavors - not to mention EA - on such puny 3d hardware like the DS.

(oh and just so everyone knows, I have a DS lite and it is my only source of video game entertainment after my atari 2600. I just feel that the DS's forte is NOT in 3D)

I think in all, it's more of a fun arcade-like soccer experience rather than a full blown console experience. Am I wrong in my assumption?

11. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Does Fifa 07 for DS let you play online against other people?

12. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Madden is a pretty good game. It does a fairly good job of using the touch screen, if you choose to use it that way. Some reviews I have seen complain about using the touch screen for kicks but I haven't had any problems with it. Of course the graphics aren't up with the XBox 360 but for a handheld, they look pretty good. I bought this game when I bought my ds lite along with Brain Age and New Super Mario Bros.

Madden does have pretty much all of the gameplay options that the console versions have like practice, single-game, season, franchise, that sort of stuff. There's a pretty good review at ign. Here it is. There big problem was kicking which, as I said, I haven't had a problem with. I think it brought down their score a lot.