FIFA President Wants Sexier Uniforms

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...t.soccer.womens.blatter.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Ok, could you put you foot in your mouth a little deeper....:rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

Not that it wouldn't look a little better, the thing is that the shorts and shirts are loose for a reason. Making them tighter restricts movement.....blah.

D

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Wow.

How sad is that?

I thought it was a sport?!

3. iGav macrumors G3

FIFA is a total farce.... and the President is a TOTAL f**kin' moron...

And what's worse, is that our FA never stand up to them... :rolleyes:

F1 and FIA had a similar problem a decade ago with a President who really shouldn't have held such a post...

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Wow, actually women as sex objects again.

If he wanted some publicity for his organization, mission successful. Doesn't he realize that function should always be over form. It's the cheerleaders that can dress sexy.

5. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Could you imagine.... "Maybe if the well-hung NBA players would wear shorts made of spandex, we could get more female fans!" Give me a break. This is something for pay per view, not for real sports.

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think we should go back to the uniforms used by the ancient Greeks in the Olympics. Naked sports for both sexes is the way to go!:p That would up the viewership of all sports.

7. straphound macrumors member

Do you really want to see naked pro bowlers? :(

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

or naked offensive linemen. :eek:

Lethal

9. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Now, to be fair I'm sure that there are folks out there who would want to see naked pro bowling and NFL offensive lineman. Of the Olympic sports I think Gymnastics would enjoy a tremendous surge of support. :p I'm just not sure how to work out the problems for the winter sports. :eek:

10. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

and then there's the issue of shrinkage :p

its a sad comment, though, might even be one that forces him to resign which is about the only good thing that would come from this.

D

11. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Hope you are right and he resigns. Stupid comments from a stupid man.

Speaking of stupid comments, I will continue with my own. I don't think the shrinkage problem would be the worst of it. Naked people and ice skates should not be in the same room together. And then there is always to problem of frostbite.

12. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But then it might require the performances to be shorter - which might not be a bad thing :D

D

13. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

This is such a joke, The worst thing you can do to promote an undervalued sport is devalue the core of the sport and just turn it into a specticle.

I cant beieve he can't see how much of a mockery he is making of an organisation that already lacks credibility.

Counter argument I guess they did it in beach volleyball and it boosted the profile of that sport, but little other than money has been gained for the sport.

14. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

why not take it a step further... goooooooooooooooal :eek:

(sorry if this has been posted alrady)

trojan games movie3

trojan games movie2

Warning mature content (in other words: check it out :p )

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Of course, Max is really Bernie's bitch. *slaps Bernie* stop taking such a huge cut and give some to the teams you greedy bastard! Maybe then you wouldn't worry about losing GPs due to money, and perhaps some teams (McLaren) wouldn't object to having more of them, because they don't have the money! ARG! :mad: At least the Canucks have a GP this year :)

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

:eek:

17. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I can only echo, counterfit -- :eek: :eek:

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If that's going to be a real echo, you have to make them progressively smaller :p

19. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah...

Wow...

Very...

Intresting.

20. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    blatter really should return to reality. he is so out of touch with todays game

21. iGav macrumors G3

no, much worse than Max... Jean-Marie Balestre, a bitter, french biased moron :eek: :rolleyes:

22. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I don't know guys, besides this guy was quotes publically...

I might start to tune in if they implement the new uniforms...

;)

23. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

IMO there are some really attractive women playing the sport (college all the way up to Pros) but many fans going to games aren't there to see the women they are there to see some good soccer played. The games ive been to (college) have been a lot more physical and nail biting that the men's. I don't know why that is but I think it's because women play with tons of heart and that makes for good games. If Blatter really wanted to make women's futbol more popular he should worry about keeping leagues like the WUSA from goin under.

24. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

It's women's sports anyway :D

hears "pig", "jerk", "chauvinist" from the background ....

i'm just kidding ...

the reality is that it is insulting for someone in such a high power, who should appreciate the sport rather then making such asinine comments.

As far as the basket-ball comment

i've spoken to women who remember the time when basket-ball players wore those short shorts, and they thought it made it more attractive to watch ...

similar to the stereotype that women watch football for the tight pants, showing the players asses

25. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

I think this is an interesting point to follow. What a person wears should have no bearing on how people are judged. Making women wear clothing of generless description is removing choice that will not effect the opinion that a Male Chauvinist Pig will hold, this problem runs much deeper than the male of the species relying on visual stimuli. The assumption that a person cannot be trusted to think for themselves without a nanny to guide them is really taking life into strange places.

"Todays game" is just a game. Todays world is really starting to stiffen up into a less than pleasant enviroment for the people living in it. I wish the control system that is P.C. would have a little more faith in the "guilty until proven innocent" population we mostly are, people who have to and will try to do their best to exist happily on this planet.

Teams should be able to style their own team uniforms. All these regulatory bodies that govern sport, seem to be made up of people who can't let other people enjoy themselves without finding a way to take some sort of credit (or money) for the enjoyment had by all.

People are most attractive when they are enjoying themselves.