Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
NYC - 5th Ave

Who wants to come brave the chaos and inevitable enormous line at Apple's flagship location with me? :cool:

I initially planned to have my iPad shipped to my parents address in PA, avoid the lines and pick it up Saturday evening, however my plans have changed and I now need to be in the city Saturday night. So I am lining up! I will be there early, shooting to get mine as soon after the 9am launch as possible.

Anyone else?

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
I'm going to be hanging outside the Meatpacking store Saturday morning at one of the tables in the median studiously playing with my iPad as the models walk by and go "Ohh, la la".

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Who wants to come brave the chaos and inevitable enormous line at Apple's flagship location with me? :cool:

I initially planned to have my iPad shipped to my parents address in PA, avoid the lines and pick it up Saturday evening, however my plans have changed and I now need to be in the city Saturday night. So I am lining up! I will be there early, shooting to get mine as soon after the 9am launch as possible.

Anyone else?

I planned on having it shipped too, but what the crap, it's a Sat. I'm braving it and reserved mine at 5th Ave. :)

GrahamC

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Flying in from Dublin in about an hour. Will be in NY just after lunch with an entire evening to kill before iPad time.

CanonicalKoi

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
Where the trilobites roam free.
For those who haven't reserved, what are the options? Can we line up early, say, at 6am and get one at 9am? I'm confused. :confused:

You can, but no guarantee you'll go home with an iPad. I don't know if there's been any leak about how many non-reserved units are going to each store. There will be units available after 3pm if people don't pick up their reserved iPads. If there aren't many "extras" or not many people flake on getting their reserved units by 3....

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
I'm still confused. Would I be able to go at 9am and say I wanna buy one iPad from the non-reserved batch? Is that possible? I don't wanna wait until 3pm. Don't they have two different batches: reserved and non-reseved? So effin' confusing. :mad::confused:

xolan99

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
PBF, there are two separate lines: One for preorders and one for non-preorders. Each apple store is getting a batch for non preorders though it's unclear how many. Given 5th ave is the flagship store though there should be a bunch (though it's unclear how many)

Allaveri

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2009
How many people would you say are on line? Contemplating on heading over there Some one plz reply asap!! I'll bring donuts!!! Lol

xolan99

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
I got here about 5:40 am there's about 150-200 ppl ahead of me. I'd say there's no more than 250 total in line right now. Pretty short in comparison to the iPhone launch.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
I got here about 5:40 am there's about 150-200 ppl ahead of me. I'd say there's no more than 250 total in line right now. Pretty short in comparison to the iPhone launch.

That's good, I'm going to be there with my g/f around 7:15, but I have a reservation. How does the reservation line look?

Allaveri

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2009

I just drove by and left due to the cameras. I called out of work for this!! If the damn cameras catch me, I'm f'd!! Lines didn't look bad at all. I'll be heading to a safe location out in Yonkers. Hope Best Buy doesn't have a line

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.