FightAIDS@home

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by slooksterPSV, Jan 1, 2007.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

I was talking with my ex tonight, and he told me that he has full blown AIDS. I feel so bad for him and want to do whatever I can to help him out, so I searched for a project like Folding@home and found FightAIDS@home. I want to ask anyone and everyone who can help to please do so to help find a cure for AIDS. I don't want to see him or countless others die because of this damn retrovirus. If you could spread the word, create a team, and setup your folding to do work only for FightAIDS@home that'd be great. I'm asking for the community support of the MacRumors forum. Thank you

I've put the link in my signature. Really please, I don't want to see my ex die. If you could get at least one other person to join that'd be great. Also we can create the macrumors team and show the world that the Mac community has a lot of support behind it.

EDIT: Post if you're going to join the project so I can see who's gonna support me and others with this.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Perhaps, if the project supported more than Windows machines, it would be possible to help.

It appears that the software behind it does work on Mac OS X, though. Maybe they just need to update the information on their FAQ page.

3. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

It does work on OS X its call BONICManager

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/viewJoinNow.do

Attached Files:

4. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I can't get it to install from the BOINC.pkg file.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Well i decided to give it a go on my mac pro as folding just freezes up(the SMP client) However, as soon as i started running it i noticed a instant slow down. It was eating up 200 mb of RAM. I only have a tiny 1 gb in this system so i can't spare that. I may give it another go once I buy more ram.....once the money arrives.:D