File formats for iDVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 000111one111000, Mar 11, 2004.

1. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

yo :)

I've never used iDVD so I have no idea what sort of file formats it can use. I'm currently editing a video of the festivities from New Years (yes, I'm slow, but I had a good reason) in Final Cut Pro 3, so once I'm done, I'll have to export the video and take it to a friend's house to make the actual DVD.

So, my question is: What type of file formats can I import into iDVD? I was probably gonna export the video as a .dv (DV stream) file. Will iDVD automatically take that and start converting it to MPEG2? Or is there some other format that I should export out of Final Cut Pro with?

And another quick question. Which DVDs seem to be the best to burn with? I was probably gonna pick up the 4.7 GB Sony DVD-Rs, unless CompUSA actually has the Apple DVDs in stock.

Thanks in advance. :)

enoch

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I never got into exporting straight into iDVD, although the last couple versions of iMovie will do it. I export to dv format and then drag that into iDVD. I think I've also used normal mpeg.