File refresh in Finder on Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by H&Kie, Oct 31, 2006.

1. H&Kie macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2004
    It occurs to me that the Finder on my MacBook doesn't refresh the file content it shows properly. E.g. When I do a screenshot (command+shift+3 or 4), the taken picture will not appear on my desktop. However, when I start a search for the taken picture, it does appear in the search window and immediately also on my desktop.
    Otherwise I had a similar problem when removing some files that still showed after emptying the Trash, but could not be opened anymore. After a reboot the files didn't show again.
    I have this problem on my MacBook only. Other Macs I used (iMac, iMac G5, eMac) seem to refresh the content fine.

Is anyone familiar with this problem. Does anyone maybe know a "refresh-button" or -shortcut? The problem might not seem too much of a deal, but it really drives me crazy!

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Just out of interest, if you create a new user account in System Preferences, do you still get the refresh problem? :)
  4. H&Kie thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2004
    The problem occurs rather randomly. "unfortunately" I haven't experienced any bad refreshes today, but I'll let you know as soon as I can tell if your tips do the trick. Thanks anyway! :)

By the way, about Nudge: Never realised the contextual menu could be upgraded this easy... Sweet! :cool:

I haven't seen my refresh problem again 'till now. I did however do a repair on my disk permissions last time it occured, but I do this regulary. Well, hope all keeps this way