file transfer from itunes on panther to tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BelgianHokie, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BelgianHokie macrumors member

Jun 14, 2005
    friend of mine recorded all my cd's on his mac with panther into itunes. the movers have come and put all mine into storage (i'm going to afghanistan for a govt assignment). my powerbook is arriving soon with a mac mini 4gb. my music on his mac is 25 gigs or so. how do i get my tunes off his computer via a computer to computer transfer (or mac to mac if you prefer). we don't want to load software to do a mac to ipod to mac thing.

can i just copy the itunes folder? i'm new to macs.

his is the iMac with the stand and pole with the display connected if that makes any difference. he also has a router for his adsl connection so i could connect there.

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I'm not the best at this, I'm sure you'll get better advice...

But you could try to create a network using a firewire cable between the two computers or an ethernet cord.
  3. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2002
    Anywhere but here
    Connect your powerbook to the imac via a firewire cable. Turn on the imac. Once the imac is booted, turn on the powerbook holding the "t" button on the powerbook keyboard. The powerbook hardrive should appear on the imac desktop as a firewire drive. Copy the songs from the imac to the powerbook drive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.