File within folder within folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brsboarder, Feb 11, 2006.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    All of my pictures are within like 7 different folders, this makes it a pain in the ass to work with when uploading batches of them. Is there a way to simply get rid of the folders for good. I know I can copy them through iphoto, but I believe when I try to add them to iphoto it will put them back in files. So, is there a solution to this?
  2. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    If you have a bunch of pictures in iPhoto, you can export them into a single folder. Then they're all in the same place, for easy uploading. Is that what you want to do?
  3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    well, I know I can do that, but, what I want is for them to stay there forever and be able to use with iphoto. In addition, I have several hundred documents that are in a million subfolders that I am going to need to work with, so I am wondering if this can be applied to them
  4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    If you want to use iPhoto and still have control over the folder arrangement, about all you can really do is upgrade to iLife '06. It has an option to leave the original files in place and only create aliases for itself.