Filemaker Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by j_maddison, May 15, 2006.

1. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

Is there anywhere I can go, or a service thats offered, where I can give somene a list of fields I need created on a filemaker database.

I've tried the templates and they don't really offer what I'm looking for, and I don't have a clue as to how to created a database.

I'm not looking for anything complicated, just a simple database for contact management purposes. The standard contact management template is fine, but I need to be able to include a few other fields.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jason

2. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

Sure. I'm a FileMaker geek, full-time developer with consultation services on the side. What you're asking for is probably very simple, maybe just 10 minutes' time. Email me your existing template with a field list and a brief description of where you want the fields to be on the layouts and I'll give you an hour's worth of dev time for free. If you want more work from there, my standard rate is $90/hr. (I'm very fast though).

Let me know if you're in Filemaker 8 or 7.

ahunter3@earthlink.net

put "FileMaker" in the subject line

3. j_maddison thread starter macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

Thank you for your kind offer, i didn't think I'd get a reply and now i wish I'd checked back earlier!

I'll have a think of everything that I need and drop you an e mail

Thanks again for your kind offer, its really going to help me out of a hole.

Jason