FilePlanet Account?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nejja Halcyon, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Nejja Halcyon macrumors newbie

Hey,

Does anyone have a FilePlanet account (one thats a subscription). If so, and you're not planning on entering the WoW stress test, please PM me.

Thanks

Nejja Halcyon

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

What the...

The stress test ended over a month ago...

3. xgsrpg macrumors member

There will be another stress test.

4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

The game will be out at the end of the month, why don't you just wait?

5. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

This stress test is only 5-7 days long anyway. Just wait for the open beta.

6. Nejja Halcyon thread starter macrumors newbie

What if all the FilePlanet people take all the Open Beta accounts?? Also, please dont reason logically with me, I'm desperate ;). Ever since the first stress test, I've been waiting for open beta, and then Blizz comes and springs this on us. FilePlanet's charge has gone form 8 to 15 to 17....When will it hit $30??

Nejja Halcyon

P.S Somebody help me!!!

7. iZzle macrumors member

Yes! I had a chance @ $7.90! but its OB for me.

8. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Wow you actually believe that?

9. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Yeah, I do. My friend played in the first stress test, then won a seat on the closed beta, because his character was the highest lvl class/race on the server. He seems to think that the game will be out by the end of the month, or christmas at the LATEST. He also said that the game has changed alot since the first stress test, he almost doesn't like it anymore becuase of that.

Oh well, it will be out when it comes out. :rolleyes:

10. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

I just hope that the monthy rate isn't outrageous. I was playing City of Heroes for about 6 months, and their rate was cheap, and they sent you a comic every month. I cancelled because school started, and i was still living the summer MMO lifestyle.

There's just something wrong about droping $50 bucks on a game, and then 30 days later, droping another $15... The game should be free IMHO. If they want to charge for game itself, give it a single player option. Right now you pay $50 bucks to only play a game for 1mo.

All you guys that are bothered by not being in the open beta (not really open thanks to bliz and fileplanet), GO GIVE EVERQUEST ONLINE A SHOT! it's what i'm doing.

11. Nejja Halcyon thread starter macrumors newbie

This is only a Stress Test before Open Beta. However, all stress test chars will be moved to open when it comes out, which will be free. I find it terrible that they are making us pay TO HELP TEST THEIR GAME AND SERVERS!!

On the subject of EQ, no, I could never go down that dark road. WoW has shown me the light, and EQ looks too awful to imagine.

If you have a FP account, could you please request a key and PM me, I've got a torrent to dl the client.

Thanks

Nejja Halcyon

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

According to NZ's biggest game seller, it's coming out on the 18th.

Blizzard has said that they won't. Apparently FilePlanet will run out of accounts in a couple of days.

13. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

According to Gamespot and EBGames, Doom3 for XBox was supposed to come out a week and a half ago.

Today they announced it won't be out until March '05.

Believe what you wan't but I'm ALWAYS skeptical about game release times.

14. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

From everything we've seen and heard, $15/month is the going rate for WoW. I'm sure RB can come here and say no it hasn't been decided; fine whatever.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...1_8/002-7258492-5316063?v=glance&s=videogames

This is the internet and the above link says $29.99 for two pre-paid months. That works out to about $15/month. Sure, the price could be wrong. Sure, the internet is full of false truths... yada yada yada.

Today; today will go down in Blizzard history as one huge pile of turd. What a complete disaster leading up to the "Final Stress Test" and "Open Beta". This could be the set back they need to delay the game till next year. But alas, in software development, "who knows" /shrug

Unbelievable.

15. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Today Blizzard announced that it's coming out on the 23rd. Linked site has been updated to reflect this.