Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
The strangest thing happened to me a few hours ago. I run 10.3.9 and the OS has been running for 4 days straight but when I tried to reboot after installing some software it reverted back to the OS the way it came from the factory. All my settings for window and preferences for every application I own suddenly got "wiped" the apps are still there and launch but anything like email's and server settings in Entourage disappeared, my forms to go software became unregistered an my music that I recently purchased is gone from iTunes, no files show in my Documents or Movies or anything. So I'm wondering is there any utility or command in OSX to regain the files perferably the music from iTunes but any other file as well. My file vault now shows a "home" icon instead of the usual vaulted home icon. Lost all my photos in iPhoto.

Also if I cant get back the files or iTunes music is there any way of explaining this mishap to Apple iTunes support so I can regain my downloads without them saying well no because it looks suspicious and what not requesting my downloads to be cleared. I've had them cleared on my pc when I exceeded the maximum of 5 pc's to play music on.

Thank you,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.