Filesharing , alaternatives and anonymity

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Heart Break Kid, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2003
    Ive lived through Napster and Morpheus

I dont like to use Kazaa and am currently using bittorrent. The lack of security and anonymity in bittorrent has me somewhat worried, so i was wondering if you guys have any alternatives to the above programs

the only thing im looking for are download rates as strong as bittorrent, with more security.

btw - if there are programs that allow you to mask your ip - could you please list them? this would then be used in conjuction with bittorrent and i would be very very satisfied!
  2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

Oct 28, 2001
    Greensboro, NC
    if someone wants to find you they will. doesn't really matter what you use to get your files. you are traceable. anyone with the proper tools and the motivation can and will find out what your ip is, where you live, and who you are. my advice is either STOP STEALING, or reserve yourself to the fact that you aren't safe.
  3. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    In addition...

In this day and age when the RIAA and otehrs are hunting for people to sue, I wouldn't be broadcasting my intentions in a public forum.

One of these days ARN will probably be delivered a stack of subpeonas to come up with as much information on people who have admitted to using the file sharing services.

I don't agree with the RIAA and a lot of its policies. I tend to buy a lot of independant music - where the artist gets more of the procedes from each sale. And as for software sharing, I'm getting sick of more and more ocmplicated licensing schemes required by some software companies. And all this because of the pirated sftware floating around the net.

To Arn: I suggest you consider removing posts where people admit to stealing so you don't have to deal with the legal system.