FileSharing!! HELP!!! iBook to eMac!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by nickyj182, Mar 5, 2004.

1. nickyj182 macrumors regular

nickyj182

Really simple, I just got a new eMac. I want to transfer files from my iBook to it. The eMac is running Panther, and the iBook is running Jaguar. I dont have an airport or anything, I am just wanting to use a firewire cable and make a quick network! How is this done? Remember, choosing firewire is not an option on the network port configurations on 10.2! Help!

Nick

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

you can download ip over firewire for 10.2 here
    cheers

3. nickyj182 thread starter macrumors regular

nickyj182

That update is a broken link, is anywhere else i can download it at, or any other way to do what i want to do?

Nick

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

An oldschool way is to open up ichat on both machines (different user names on each obviously) and then "send file" - on the same network speeds are blazingly fast!

5. nickyj182 thread starter macrumors regular

nickyj182

Thats a good idea, but both machines would be connected via dial up, and I am sending about 13 gigs of music from the iBook to the eMac, thats why i'm wanting to make a network, but im limited only to FireWire. The iBook running 10.2 is my major hurdle.

6. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

hey...i m really sorry for the dead link...actually i know apple seeded downloads for ip over firewire for jaguar ..so i just searched for links and forwarded it to you...so..yah..again sorry..may be u should try to search for still active ip over firewire downloads for panther,,,