Fill out your surveys! (Not spam)

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkeB, Jul 31, 2005.

1. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

Jan 24, 2005
    #1 last July, "Six Feet Under" season two came out on DVD. When I opened the case, I found a little slip of paper that gave a link to a consumer feedback site. It said you could win like 10 HBO titles if you fill it out. So, I filled it out in like five minutes and then forgot about it.

Then, in March, I went to get the mail and I found this envelope and I thought it was junk mail but I opened it up anyway. I hadn't one the 10 titles, but I had gotten a second prize, so I got one for free! I decided, since SFU S3 wasn't on it, I should pick a miniseries, since if I got a first season of a show like "Sex and the City" or "The Sopranos" (neither of which I really wanted), I would end up buying the other 4 (and be down about $400). So I had a choice between "Band of Brothers" and "From the Earth to the Moon". Well, BoB was more expensive, so of course I chose that (and it was released in its OAR, whereas FtEttM was released cropped...although subsequently, a new release was announced).

Well, yesterday, I was waiting for the mail cos I had ordered "Harry Potter and the Prionser of Azkaban" on DVD, after holding out for a proper release). PoA came along with my BoB!

So...for the $80 it cost me for SFU S2, I got that, along with the (list price: $120, Amazon listed:) $80 set of "Band of Brothers".

In closing...take a few minutes out of your time to do those silly little questionaires. You may just win something!
  2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    Wow, cool story. Makes me want to go out and buy a megabucks ticket or something.
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    weird because i just started to re-watch the Band of Brothers series
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    In the meantime, they've sent you a $10 buck DVD and most likely sold your name, address and entertainment preferences to several other companies and made their money back more than once.

I always read the section on who surveys plan on allowing see my data/sell data and make sure I opt-out of any third party marketing.
  5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    Congratulations on your win. I've had a bit of luck myself in the past with the odd survey/competition and it's always a nice feeling to know your name has been picked out the hat, but like Applespider says it's always a good idea to tick the little box so they won't send you junk for the rest of your natural life.
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I'm very happy for your win, ClarkeB. ;)

I do questionnaires and surveys online. So far I haven't won a prize, but occasionally do get paid. They also send me products to try, the last was a free box of Tide. Tried it for a month and then did a 15 minute survey. The box is supposed to do 120 washes.
  7. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    I rememebr about 7 years ago i filled out a survey for some hockey thing, and i won and was able to get hockey instructions from some of the bruins, meet the players and skate on the ice at the then fleet center.