Film Rolls

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Camille, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Camille macrumors regular

U know, when u import photos in iPhoto, it asks you to give a name for the roll you are about to import...
    But I have a question: If for example, I have 0 photos on my camera, and i start taking photos...So a week passes, and i took 56 photos.These photos are the photos from my vacation in Paris, and the photos from the dinner I had at my Dad's place...
    So I connect my camera to my mac, and iPhoto asks me to put a title for the roll I'm about to import.
    The Question is, what's going to be the name of the film roll, if I have taken photos in 2 different places??? It can't be "vacation in Paris", because it will also contain photos from the dinner at dad's place...

HELP!

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If you don't like the roll arrangement because you didn't unload the camera in time for it all to make sense, you can sort of "cheat" and move photos between rolls.

Try clicking on your Library icon (in the left column), then pull down Film Rolls from the View menu and make it checked. When the little film rolls are visible, you can drag photos to those icons to move them around. You can also drag one roll onto another to combine them.

Also, if you have some pictures that don't quite belong to a roll, you can select them with the mouse and pick "Create Film Roll" from the File menu to put them into a new, separate one.