filthy foreigners vote for Kerry:D...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PickledSquirrel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

Just came across this interesting site, that's letting the rest of the world vote at the upcoming presidential election. Considering that the average knowledge of Kerry outside the US is probably less than within, its interesting how many people would vote for him. It appears that even a complete unknown man is seen as a lesser evil... Even if you allow for someone in Finland to be cheating...
    Kinda scary, that
    :eek: :D :eek:

Squirrel

2. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

Yes, this is a CLEAR indication of the fact that the rest of the world hates Bush and the death, destuction, and arrogance that the U.S. has wrought upon the world during his presidency.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is a weird and obviously unscientific poll. Why is Niger 90% for Bush, and why are so many votes recorded for this country? And the US is also shown as being 2:1 for Kerry, which we know isn't the case.

If I wanted to know how Bush and the US is perceived in the rest of the world, I'd look at one of the scientific polls that have been conducted on this subject.

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Well, it's biased at least on the US stats, definitely toward Kerry. In addition, the sample sizes for most countries are too small. Plus, anyone can just say he is from, say Iraq or Afghanistan, which is why I think those two countries are dead even, instead of breaking for Kerry. Moreover, even if these people are actually from the countries they specify, access to technology in many of these nations is reserved for the very well-to-do. Therefore, one must call into question the accuracy of the upper-class's preferences--Maybe oil barons like Bush more than Kerry...

Anyway, it's an interesting concept...As an idea, I love it!

5. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

True, very unscientific. Yet I can say for a fact that Bush is likely the least popular American president ever.

One thing that is truly sad is that, thanks to this administration's blatant arrogance, warmongering, and contempt for diplomacy, much of the genuine grief and sympathy that much of the world felt for the U.S. after the September 11 attacks has now turned to anger.

Well done, Mr. Bush.

6. wwworry macrumors regular

plus he pulled troops out of Afghanistan to send them to Iraq, perhaps missing a chance to get the guy responsible for 9/11. What a maroon.

7. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

The guy responsible for 9/11 is dead.
    If he was alive we would've seen a video proving it. Such a video would be too valuable a recruitment tool for them not to have made it, if he was alive.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I would have said macaroon myself. :p

9. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

Nigerian Voter responds...

REQUEST FOR URGENT VOTING RELATIONSHIP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND 'TOP SECRET'. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF GOODS INTO OUR COUNTRY WITH VOTES WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED VOTES.

THE SOURCE OF THIS FUND IS AS FOLLOWS; DURING THE LAST MILITARY REGIME HERE IN NIGERIA, THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SET UP COMPANIES AND AWARDED THEMSELVES CONTRACTS WHICH WERE GROSSLY OVER-INVOICED IN VARIOUS MINISTRIES. THE PRESENT CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT SET UP A CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A LOT OF INFLATED CONTRACT VOTES WHICH ARE PRESENTLY FLOATING IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA READY FOR PAYMENT.

HOWEVER, BY VIRTUE OF OUR POSITION AS CIVIL SERVANTS AND MEMBERS OF THIS PANEL, WE CANNOT ACQUIRE THESE VOTES IN OUR NAMES. I HAVE THEREFORE, BEEN DELEGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY MY COLLEAGUES OF THE PANEL TO LOOK FOR AN OVERSEAS PARTNER INTO WHOSE ACCOUNT WE WOULD TRANSFER THE SUM OF US$21,320,000.00(TWENTY ONE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND U.S DOLLARS). HENCE WE ARE WRITING YOU THIS LETTER. WE HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THE MONEY THUS; 1. 20% FOR THE ACCOUNT OWNER 2. 70% FOR US (THE OFFICIALS) 3. 10% TO BE USED IN SETTLING TAXATION AND ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES. IT IS FROM THE 70% THAT WE WISH TO COMMENCE THE IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

PLEASE,NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% SAFE AND WE HOPE TO COMMENCE THE TRANSFER LATEST SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIOM BY TEL/FAX; 234-1-7740449, YOUR COMPANY'S SIGNED, AND STAMPED LETTERHEAD PAPER THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL ENABLE US WRITE LETTERS OF CLAIM AND JOB DESCRIPTION RESPECTIVELY. THIS WAY WE WILL USE YOUR COMPANY'S NAME TO APPLY FOR PAYMENT AND RE-AWARD THE CONTRACT IN YOUR COMPANY'S NAME.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE ABOVE TEL/FAX NUMBERS. I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PENDING PROJECT WHEN I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR CLEMENT OKON

NOTE; PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (VE/S/09/99) IN ALL YOUR RESPONSES.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Cute. But you should have substituted "Niger" for "Nigeria." ;)

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

awesome.

i'm hoping my dead-wife-in-the-bathtub can vote in nigeria.

12. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

just struck me as funny...

That the pro-Bush votes came from one of the places most noted for fraud! :D

13. uvex macrumors member

Personally, I could care less what the world thinks of the US. The only time these countries "like" us is when we are bailing them out of some kind of trouble.
    (ie see France)

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

So, as a philosophical stance, you are in favour of ignoring the rest of the world and treating Planet Earth as your own private fiefdom? Which are "these countries"? Or is it just anybody who disagrees with you?

15. PickledSquirrel thread starter macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

Well of course it is. They have not called a representative group of people and asked them:) It just based on what ever nutcases like me choose to click, and mind you if I bothered I could vote a zilion times; or if I were geek enough, make myself a little program that ticked the right box and let it run for a few hours.... Looks like someone did that with finland :rolleyes:
    Nevertheless, I still find it interesting.

Squirrel

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Ah another Francophobe. Tell us then, how does France only like us when we're bailing them out?

17. katchow macrumors 6502

phew...i feel better. i'm glad you've got the inside track. for a second, i thought he might be laying low to avoid capture.

18. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

There were many times in the past he should've laid low to avoid capture but didn't. No, the proof that he was alive would be too valuable to recruiting efforts for his people to pass up.

19. katchow macrumors 6502

i just don't know if i would be comfortable making that deduction just because we haven't seen a video tape lately. i won't claim to know how his mind works whether it be silent planning or active public recruiting...

assumptions can be dangerous.

though it would be nice, i don't think we can say "mission accomplished" just yet.