Final Cut Clean Up?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Benjamindaines, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Here's what I want to do: I want to have Final Cut go through my project's scratch and remove all the duplicate / unused scratch, and leave just what is being used. I know I can use the media manager to do this but exporting to another location, but how do I perform the same function but keeping it in one location?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I know you can use the media manager to delete the unused media in your project I just forget what the specific settings are.

kenstone.net has a good piece about using the media manager ("Consolidate Media Usage" is probably the section you are looking for).

If you have the HDD space though you might consider using the MM to "copy" the used footage into a new project as opposed to deleting unused media from the current project. I say that because if the MM screws up "copying" it's no big deal. If it screws up while "deleting" that could be a problem.

In the few times I've used the MM I haven't had a problem, but it's nick named the "media mangler" for a reason.

Lethal