Final Cut Export Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 4leaf, Aug 10, 2006.

1. 4leaf macrumors member

hey

ive been trying to figure out whats up with my export settings on my fcp3 , its exporting 5 minute movies to over 1.5GB which is way too big...they should only be like 600mb...im exporting them to put them into dvd studio pro.

also iver tried upgrading to fcp4 but its telling me i dont have the right graphics card. i have an iMac g5 isight. anyway i can get around this?

thanks!

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What settings are you using to export the video?

Lethal

3. 4leaf thread starter macrumors member

here are the settings i get when i click export in fcp3

Attached Files:

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yer exporting it as a full rez DV file. It needs to be DVD spec MPEG2 for it to go onto a DVD. I'm not sure if FCP 3 can make MPEG2 files, but you can take the full rez DV file you created from FCP and import that into DVDSP and DVDSP will compress it into MPEG2.

Lethal

5. 4leaf thread starter macrumors member

the problem isnt with bringing them into dvd studio pro its that fcp is exporting them and making the files too big.. this only happened in the last week before i could export them and they were fine. i cant seem to figure out if the settings are different

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Since this is a new development then, yes, the settings are different. The settings in the screen shot you posted are telling FCP to export the file w/o adding any compression. So if you are working in DV it will export DV, if you are working in uncompressed it will export uncompressed, etc.,.

You need to look around in the exporting settings and look for something like "DVD" or "MPEG2". Unfortunately I don't run FCP 3 anymore so I can't get very specific.

Lethal