Final Cut Express 2

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EJBasile, Aug 22, 2004.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Hello Everyone, I was wondering how many computers you can install FCE on?

Thanks

2. budaapple macrumors regular

three

It used to be three but could have changed

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

FCP HD?

What about Final Cut Pro HD? After paying $1000 for it, it'd be nice to know you can install it on more than one computer. Anybody know?
    thanks

4. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

One at a time.

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single computer at a time. This includes the right to transfer your copy of the Apple Software licensed hereunder from an Apple G4 hardware platform to an Apple G5 platform.

5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Yeah that is what I've always thought to be the "official rules." But that also seems to suggest that I couldn't install FCE on my current Power Mac G4, and then 6 months later sell the Power Mac, buy a PowerBook G4 and install it on it, since that is a G4 to G4 transfer, not G4 to G5.

Then again, it doesn't say you don't have the right to go G4 to G4, just states explicitly that you do have the right to go to the G5.

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

7. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Sometimes giving an example just confuses things. You're allowed to have it installed on 1 computer at a time. The key word in their example is "including." You can go G4 to G4, G4 to G3, G3 to G5, whatever--as long as it's only on 1 computer at a time. Delete it before you install it on your next computer.

8. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Yes, I agree, that's why i qualified my statement that it doesn't exclude the option of going G4 to G4 etc.

But then why specifically include G4 to G5?

Just throwing out questions....:)