Final Cut Express - best way to learn

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Westside guy, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I am just slightly familiar with digital video editing - in the past I played around with Pinnacle's software on a PC. I have a couple projects now where I'd like to use Final Cut Express (I have the older version 1). I have figured out the very very basics - basically getting a video in from a camera successfully, and then saving the project to disk. :D But I'd like to learn to really use this program well.

I know if I mess around with it, I will eventually figure it all out - but I was wondering if there are recommended tutorials, Web sites, etc. that you folks have found helpful in learning this program in a more systematic manner.

As a secondary question - is it worth upgrading to FCE 2? I got FCE 1 for next to nothing, so I'm not averse to spending $99 if it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Thanks for your help!

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

I have alway found that the bet way to learn new software is to do a project with it. Make a short film / pop video / wedding video / etc...

Look on amazon and get a good book there are quite a few now, fce 1 game with a pdf manual.

I would wait until you have got the hang of v1 until you upgrade, spend the money on books or even a traning day.