Final Cut Express File Management

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Josephkyles, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Josephkyles macrumors regular

Sep 7, 2006
    when you are done with a project and you want to delete it, there are so many files that are attached to the one project, how am I supposed to find all these files to trash! What are some of your suggestions for keeping organized in FCE?

I have a live type file, a reference video for live type. A soundtrack file and a reference video for soundtrack, cache, audio render files, auto save files, capture cache, there must be a better way to delete your old projects other than searching them all down!:eek:
  2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well you can delete all of your files used in the project by selecting them in the browser window, right clicking and selecting "make offline" then choose "delete them from disk".

For Live Type and Soundtrack to do something like save all of those files to your project's capture scratch folder and then all the media will be in one place. Your audio and video render files are easy to clean up as there should just be one folder for each per project and they should be located in the same place as your capture scratch folder.

I don't use FCE but I assume it works the same way as FCP in this regard.