Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djstarrock, Dec 16, 2006.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

Nov 23, 2006
    UK, Scotland, Glasgow
    Hi i'm thinking of getting FCE do you think it will run ok on a MacBook 2.0ghz C2D 1gig of ram.
  2. longofest Editor emeritus

Jul 10, 2003
    Falls Church, VA
    It should run fine. I ran FCE on my old dual-G4 (2x1Ghz) with 1gig of ram, and it worked fine. You may be crunched for screen real-estate on a MacBook, but of course you always have the option of expanding your desktop when you are home by using an external monitor.

Note that if you do High-def movie editing, you will be on the low-end of the requirements for the RAM. Apple says it needs 1 GB RAM for high-def, but 2 is preferable. But for regular stuff, 1 Gig should be a great start (you still may want more as you go along).
  3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    I know this is wayy off topic, but I was thinking about getting FCE, just because... well, because. Right now all I really do is slideshows and whatnot in iMovie, and maybe a little video editing (would be more but I lost my camera) is FCE overkill for me?
  4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Jul 2, 2005
    It may be... what you will get is better text... better sound... and better "Motion" (keyframed) effects. And more transisitons. So I would say its a step in the right direction. You will love LiveType and Soundtrack I am sure. But personally im lazy when I make slideshows and use Keynote, and or iPhoto.
  5. zioxide macrumors 603

Dec 11, 2006
    It runs great on my iBook G4 with 1GB ram. Rendering is a little slow but you will definitely be able to run it fine on any Intel Mac.