Final Cut Help

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Red14Wing, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Red14Wing macrumors newbie

I need someone who knows Final Cut. I've got a few questions and the book is NOT helping.

Anyone?

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well what are you questions? List them and someone might be able to answer them.

D

3. Red14Wing thread starter macrumors newbie

It's version 3. In the pause mode I'm getting diagonal lines through my video. Also either a green checkmark or Yield sign with an exclamation inside.

I've somehow turned this on, the book doesn't say how to turn it off and it's truly annoying.

4. Red14Wing thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

can you take screen shots of these - sounds weird.

Thanks,

D

6. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I KNOW THIS ONE!!!

OHHHH, PICK ME, PICK ME!!!

You have the luminance or some other image clipping warning turned on.

The diagonal lines show the parts of your frame that will not show up properly on all monitors because some value is too high and is mainly useful when making a video for broadcast. The green check mark means that the current frame is 'ok'

I don't know how to turn it off, because I don't have FCP3, but now that the 'problem' is identified, hopefully someone with FCP3 in front of them can find your answer.

7. Bob Dobbs macrumors regular

I forget exactly where to find it, but its called RANGE CHECK. I think its under the VIEW menu, just change the setting to off (right now its set to BOTH).

What range check does: is tell you if your video is too hot (ie if the signal exceeds broadcast levels). The check means its ok
    the yield sign means the white are too hot. If this is for your home movies - and the footage looks fine, then dont worry - if its for broadcast, then worry.

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Also, IIRC, Conrol+Z toggles it on/off.

Lethal

9. Red14Wing thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS EVERYONE. That was driving me NUTS! I'll go to church later and fix that!! AWESOME!

I must have Control Z'd when I wanted to Apple Z!!

Hhehehe

Now, anyone know anything about the Trinity Switcher? What I need to learn more is the animator/composer.