Final Cut Pro 3 came with QuickTime 5 (not 6) Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Doctor Q, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    :) I bought Final Cut Pro 3 when I bought my DDR G4.

:confused: When I was ordering them, one rep at 1-800-MY-APPLE told me that Final Cut Pro 3 came with a QuickTime Pro license. Another rep had previously told me that it didn't. My other research showed that it did, so I ordered the G4 and Final Cut Pro 3 but not a separate QuickTime Pro license.

:) :( FCP did come with a QuickTime Pro license - but it was for QuickTime Pro 5, while the G4 came with QuickTime 6 preinstalled. My key would not register.

:mad: Today I called to complain. The rep told me he didn't think QuickTime Pro came with Final Cut Pro, even though I told him I had the keys for both in my hand. He put me on hold for a long time while talking to the supervisor, then came back and gave me a $35 credit to cover the cost of QuickTime Pro 6, which I will now order.

:D I'm pleased. Apple did the right thing and their solution was easy for them and fair for me. If the same thing happened to you, give 'em a call and ask for the same deal.
  2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2002
    That is very noble of apple to do that...

I tihnk you'll be very happy that you complained like that, QT6 pro blows everyother qt, pro or not, combined out of the water. And i would know, i do encoding all the time and i happen to own it! :D

good luck w. ur new pmac, final cut pro 3 (which is awsome also) and ur new qt6 pro license.