Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seanus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Melbourne Australia
Hey there. Have any of you "Early Adopters" tried using Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 with Tiger? Want to up-date as soon as possible but it is critical that this program works with 10.4. Thanks

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I think it's safe to assume you should stick to FCP 4.5 and 10.3.9 until the FCP community has fully tested the app and given their approval now that more Tiger users are out there. Personally, I haven't bothered to test in Tiger since in May, I'll be updating to FCP 5 and 10.4.1 to take advantage of Q2DE and CoreVideo.

LVRyan02

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
I just tried FCP HD with Tiger and it seems to work just fine, though I didn't do a whole lot of testing on it. I dropped a clip on the timeline, scrubbed around a bit, added in a cross-dissolve, and that all worked perfectly.

However, I wouldn't recommend installing Tiger with FCP HD on a mission critical system where you'll have a deadline too soon - as there could always be unforseen difficulties with it or with other programs (QuickTime, Compressor, DVDSP, Motion, etc.)

If you don't have a deadline to meet and are the adventurous type, fire away! :)

GeorgeTheMonkey

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2004
Lacero said:
Personally, I haven't bothered to test in Tiger since in May, I'll be updating to FCP 5 and 10.4.1 to take advantage of Q2DE and CoreVideo.
Don't make me drool in envy. :eek: :rolleyes:

I don't think I'll be updating to Final Cut Studio anytime soon, sadly. I'm more of just a tinkerer, and can't justify spending 1k to update from 4.5. I'll wait a week or so, though, to install on Tiger; I even had a bit of difficulty installing the deal on my PowerBook, because I actually have an upgrade of 4.5 from 3.0. Has to install 3.0 first, then upgrade, and then somewhere along the lines get QuickTime Pro working as well.

Am thinking I'll wait until I purchase a QTPro 7.0 key first, before even attempting to install this time. (I'm assuming all Final Cut functionality is broken when upgrading to Tiger, unless you purchase a 7.0 key as well?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.