Final Cut Pro 4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crassusad44, Oct 22, 2002.

1. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

Anyone heard any rumors on Final Cut Pro 4, when it's going to be released, and what features will be included???

Apples shopping spree earlier this year should bring us some new cool features (like better text editing), but, when, when, when.... ???

2. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

i'd say after apple goes only OSX in early 2003.

tyler

3. yamadataro macrumors 6502

I'd always love to see a new FCP. But I guess I'm very happy with FCP3 now. It's got more than enough stuff loaded on it for me. The only thing I'm kind of wishing for is more AfterEffects-like functions.

A DV expert guy has mentioned some problems with stability. But I have had no problem with it either.

Well, maybe all my happiness is because I'm a part time videographer. I wonder what these super professionals are feeling about the current FCP?

4. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

2-pop.com is a great site for Final Cut stuff. A lot of pros love it. Its a good place to get advice and even a little rumor action. :D

5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Man, I hope they don't come out with a new FCP....I just got 3 a couple days ago....

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If they add more effects or import/export formats, fine. If they fix bugs, fine. I just hope they don' t make major changes to the interface, because it is already taking a big investment of time to learn to use FCP3 efficiently.

7. crassusad44 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interface changes? I had no problem going from v 2 to v 3. don't think much will happen to the interface in v 4.
    I really hope they get better text support. What they have now is crap, and I do most of my text editing in Photoshop.

8. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

What system are you comming from? I cut my teeth on AVid and Media 100, and the move to FCP was effortless. There are a lot of differences, sure, but the logic of FCP is well thought out, though the window arangements are only really useful in a dual monitor set up.

9. lmasanti macrumors newbie

I vote strongly for better text capabiities including the use of PosScript fonts.

And a better interface for uing this effects.

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yeah, a better title tool is really needed. That and the Media Manager needs to be tweaked some.

I doubt the interface will change (maybe a button here or there, but not an overhaul or anything like that). I agree that is is a very good interface and I took to it like a duck to water. Of course I came from Avid country and FCP is very Avid-like. I could see if you only use Premiere before and switched to FCP it would probably be a challenge considering Premiere is a ROYAL PITA!! :D

Lethal

11. Mr Jobs macrumors regular

whenever it come out i expect it to be (knowing apple always wanting to be the best) better and feature rich then Avid Xpress

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I hope it comes out soon, I seemed to have cracked my FCP3 disk. Kept it in my backpack and forgot about it. Damn......I hope if I install 4 on my machines I can do it with the FCP2 disk for the upgrade validation.

Anyone ever talk to Apple about replacing a CD?

D

13. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I too hope that I will be able to upgrade from 2. I didn't get 3 because it came out like a week after I got 2 for my birthday. I didn't have the cash to upgrade at the time and when I did, I was positive a new one was coming out too soon. O here I am, 2 months later and still using OS 9. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I hope it comes out soon...

P-Worm

14. bidge macrumors 6502

Wouldn't that make you want it to come out soon because then you'll get version 4 really cheap because you only just bought 3, like how you could buy Photoshop 6 and get the 7 one if you bought 6 a certain timeframe beforehand.

15. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

FCP and better text handling is a given

Why do you think Apple purchased Prismo Graphics and The India Titler software?

The fruits of that Labor should be shown this year or early next year as the product was already running on Macs.

16. fuge macrumors member

Why not do it sooner and push more people towards OSX? That seems to be their strategy with the new iApps (iCal, iSync, Rendevous?). I'm looking forward to final cut pro 4. I'm sure it will blow away everyone's expectations.

17. MacCoaster macrumors 6502a

MacCoaster

Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
    To put this thread back to life, since a related story is being run.

You guys know about the reports of AMD powered "x86-Mac" running FCP.

What version of FCP, though. :D