Final Cut Pro Export to DVDSP settings?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by liketom, Nov 16, 2005.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

hi all ,

newbie to FCP and DVDSP

movie is HD1080i (trailer) what export will i need to do to get it as the best DVD quality out of it?

i have imported the trailer into FCP and have tried many different exports on it but all seem to look rubbish on the DVD ?

what is the norm for this

peace :)

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Are you making a regular DVD or a HiDef DVD? If you are making a regular DVD it will always look very inferior to your HD source. You may not be doing anything wrong and you are just seeing the quality difference between an HD source and a standard def DVD.

Lethal

3. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

sorry should have said

making a SD Disc , i was under the impression that if my source was higher quality then to scale down to DVD SD quality would be releativly easy.

Any advice on this or even websites that i might need to have a read through would be cool.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Going from HD to SD will yield better results than going from SD to HD, but not matter how cut it you have a 1920*1080 peg that you want to fit into a 720*480 hole. The vast majority of your image information is going to get thrown away and it doesn't help that DVD quality MPEG-2 is, relatively speaking, pretty crappy. I mean, it's loads better than VHS, but it's also loads worse than everything else.

Check outwww.kenstone.net

Lethal

5. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

Fantastic just what i was looking for -

many thanks