Final Cut Pro HD Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by illegalprelude, Mar 16, 2005.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hey you guys. long time reader, 1st time poster.
    been wanting to join but ive only had gmail, yahoo and hotmail and they dont let u sign up with those accounts so 2 weeks ago, i finally got .mac and here I am, posting and needing the communities help.

Im not sure exactly whats been going on with my fcpHD, but I edited stuff on it a few weeks ago, no problem.

Now I have my sony mini dv, hooked up through firewire, I click "log and capture", I click play on the camera, and I see the footage in my preview window but when I click capture, it captures 1 frame and then freezes.

All i can do at that point is force quit FCP. Once I do that though, I go back and check and that 1 second is close to 7gigs in Quicktime format, but I cant open it either. Quick time wont recognize it.

So I feel like its streaming the video at such a high quality that maybe FCP has some kind of limitation on it but the only limitation ive seen is i can click "capture for no more then 30min" and 6.5gigs for 1 second is ridiculous!.

so any kind of help would be much appreciated

2. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Update:

every file that I captured only took in 1 frame and was exactly 6.38gigs.

Well ive managed to kill that, now it still only captures 1 second but atleast its around 2-4mb for that 1 second. Again, not sure how I did this but still...why is it only capturing 1 second?

iMovie HD works and captures just fine for me.

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Have you done the obvious permissions repair?

Sounds like that might help, otherwise check you're using the correct firewire controller setting for your camera and the import settings are correct too.

You may have reset the capture settings.

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

im not sure wha the permission repair is bro.

as far as it goes, I dont see anywhere that just resets all the settings. ive been looking for that too. As far as I recognize, everything is where it should be but again, I dont see a reset.

5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Had this problem with my PM G5. Do you happen to have Virex installed?

If so turn it off.

-Pat

6. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

now it did the whole thing again, only took in 1 or 2 frames but the file will be close to 100gigs!!! what the hell is going on.

I do have Virex. its not running though. atleast not that i see it running unless it somehow runs in the background but i dont see it as an program open....

7. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

It scans in the background, and interferrs with FCPHD. Open Virex and go into prefences and make sure all "Hidden" scanning is off.

Hope this helps

-Pat

8. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

omg pat.

thank you ever so much bro. I really appreciate it. that for sure did the trick! who would have known!

*bows down to you*

again bro, really appreciate it.

9. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

no problem man

glad to help.

-Pat

10. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Go have a look at this thread, it's stuff you should do. edesignuk's permission FAQ

Repairing permissions should be done regularly and after any installation/upgrade.

11. B Unique macrumors newbie

FinalCutProHD Unexpectedly Quits!!!!

Im running OS X 10.3.9. Ive been working for a long time on a video project in Final Cut Pro HD. I stopped working on it in september. From then till December, I hadn't opened up the program once. I installed Dreamweaver and flash, during that time period.

When i went to work on another project in december, Final Cut pro HD quit before it even booted up. So i worked on that project in Final Cut Pro 3.

Now im trying to get back to work on that old project. Still final Cut Pro HD wouldn't open. It quits every single time before it opens.

I thought it was the lack of space on my comp. So i freed up 15 gigs of space. I also deleted Dreamweaver and Flash. Deleted quicktime, then redownloaded the latest version. Still same problem.

So i deleted Final Cut Pro HD. Tried to open those files in FCP3 but they didnt open. Only the side project i worked on in december (in fcp3) worked in FCP3.

1) whats wrong with HD?
    2) How come i cannot open those HD files (time line layouts) in fcp3?

Helpppp meeeeee.