Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Can you change the colors of the bars on the top and bottom in widescreen format, if so how.

Also two other questions, what is the best tool to correct color and lighting, and what is the best to get slow motion playback. any help is truly appreciated, i'm new to the software. thanks.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You can't change the color of the widescreen bars because none exists in anamorphic video. If you are talking about the widescreen filter, you are better off overlaying a colored bar graphic instead.

The best tool to color correct in FCP obviously would be the Color Corrector 3-Way. Learn how to use it for maximum results. It's equivalent to a $1,000,000 DaVinci color corrector, or so I heard.

Slo-motion, use rates that are evenly divisible to 100%, such as 10%, 25% and 50%. If you need ultra slo-motion capability, look at products such as Boris Continuum Optical Flow, Revision Twixtor, and RealViz Retimer.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Lacero said:
The best tool to color correct in FCP obviously would be the Color Corrector 3-Way. Learn how to use it for maximum results. It's equivalent to a $1,000,000 DaVinci color corrector, or so I heard.

when you color correct, does it color correct the entire clip or subclip or do you have to do it frame by frame. I know that may seem like a stupid question, but i just want to be sure. thanks.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
It can color correct both the entire clip or just the clip in the Timeline. If you double click your clip from the browser and it loads into the viewer, adding the CC filter will apply it to the entire clip.

If you double click the clip in the timeline or it is selected in the timeline, and then you add the filter, it only CC that clip, also called an affiliate clip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.