Final Cut Pro HD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mauly, Jan 15, 2005.

1. mauly macrumors 6502

Why would anyone buy FCPHD for £699.13, when you can get it in the production suite for £448.85 - it doesn't make sense that its cheaper to get all the programmes in the PS for less money!!!!!!!

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Not sure what you're talking about... In America, Final Cut Pro HD is $999 and the Apple Production Suite is $1299

3. mauly thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I should of mentioned my quotes were from the eductional site!!

4. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

While I had never noticed that FCP does not seem to be available separately from the education store, the thing about buying any of those products with an education license is that you cannot use any creations for commercial gain. So, even if you buy the Production suite--which is obviously a great deal at that price-- and create a masterpiece, you cannot distribute that project for profit. It can only be used for education.

5. 3Memos macrumors 6502

That might be true. The licensing may be different between the regular version and the educational version, and thus, explains the price difference he was seeing.

6. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

The Academic Version also has a "For Educational Use Only" blip all of the finished products (briefly) that would NOT sit well with clients if you tried to save cash and buy the less expensive license.

7. mauly thread starter macrumors 6502

well thats explained alot - and as I need it for commercial reasones, its saved me time and money (in a way!)