final cut pro hd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by renotj, Sep 20, 2004.

1. renotj macrumors newbie

i have a got final cut pro hd and cant get it to work on my powerbook g4 ? any ideas ?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Check here and make sure you're up to date to match the requirements first, before you try anything else.

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

If you do match the specs, I'm going to ask were you 'got' it.

If you bought it from the Apple Store, or another reseller, call Apple, and they'll help you out.

If you 'found it between your couch cushions' I'd urge you to not steal software.

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Idiots

Why do people ask questions about stolen software? You don't get tech help if you don't pay. Idiot.

5. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have 384 mb of ram .nevermind ill have to upgrade i suppose ??

6. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah why ask anyway! for anyone asking it cost me £699.00 english pounds :p

if i get an upgrade will this void my warrenty?

7. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

what do you mean upgrade? if you mean just RAM then no. so it doesnt work at all? what spec powerbook do you have?

8. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

powerbook g4 it only has 256mb. it now i need 386mb

9. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

So you spent 699 pounds on Final Cut...to run on a laptop with only 256mb RAM?? I'd suggest looking into the requirements BEFORE buying such expensive software. That is, if you did in fact buy it.

10. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i did can i upgrade ? if not i hope there take it back .......

11. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Riiight...

Let's see here...you had the money and the presence of mind to buy professional level video editing software...but had no idea the ram requirements? Right. Quit using limewire and try out iMovie. It's free.

12. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I know a guy who bought Encore DVD for PC because he didn't know any other program. He didn't have any idea what he was doing

13. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Give him a break. My dad bought FCE 2 but didn't notice that you needed an AGP video card. He thought that you just needed a card with <64MB of VRAM.

14. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

its all ok now i got a refund after luckely.didnt even check the requirements just went ,asked ,handed over my card and left then found out after that it wouldnt work . ive been using i-movie and just wanted something better. is it possable to upgrade my laptop?

15. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Ok I'm going to resist joining in on the newbie bashing but it is all a bit odd that you dropped that much money on professional software without checking anything...Anyway of course you can 'upgrade' your powerbook - if by upgrading you mean adding RAM (you change your HD as well but best leave that alone). You don't mention which model you have but regardless all G4 models are capable of running FCP, all be it a little slow. I feel it's best to point out that you will need to check RAM compatibility before you buy, either buy straight from Apple at a premium or go through a reseller like Crucial. And perhaps Final Cut Express 2 might be a better buy for you than Final Cut Pro.

16. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

that needs the same ram tho?

17. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Yeah but really you want to be packing at least 512MB of RAM anyway just for everyday usage, OSX is a bit of RAM whore! If you can afford to buy Final Cut Pro on a whim RAM isn't really going to be an issue. Here's the link for Final Cut Express, make sure you check out the technical specifications.

18. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

19. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

:confused: Do you mean Final Cut Pro HD? If so, here are the tech specsfrom the...wait for it....Apple website!!! Who would have thunk it!

You're powerbook will be fine once you beef it up but haven't you already returned it?!

Has everybody else started ignoring this thread and I'm the only sucker who's still replying?! :rolleyes:

20. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i have , but i want the best program possible because i plan to sell my dvd when its finished . what about the warrenty? do you work in a shop?

21. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I'm a glutton for punishment! :p

No I don't work in a shop but I do have access to the apple website. Here's the support information direct from the link I gave you before!!

What DVD are you planning on making?

Attached Files:

• fcp.jpg
      fcp.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
  22. renotj thread starter macrumors newbie

bmx , already done one 20 minutes long sold those £5 a copy to friends . my mate said he will sell the next one in his shop.should be about an hour long .